I don't know where to start with this post – after all, I will listen to Christmas songs at any time of the year!
I think I like Christmas music because it often includes the things I like the most; sentimental lyrics, choirs, sweeping music that builds throughout, passion, social messages, and most of all each one reminds me of Christmas in every note. I was going to put the songs in order, but GAH, it's impossible! All I do know is that I have a favorite and so I will mention this first so it's very clear! LOL.
I Believe in Father Christmas – Greg Lake
This is my absolute favorite Christmas song. I love the crescendo, the words, his vocals, in fact, everything about it! (You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkweTyrRTKw)
Then, in no particular order…
- A Spaceman Came Travelling – Chris DeBurgh
- Happy Christmas (War is over) – Lennon
- The Power of Love – Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- Christmas Lights – Coldplay
- Do They Know It's Christmas – Band Aid
- One More Sleep – Leona Lewis
- Hallelujah – Alexandra Burke version
- 2 becomes 1 – Spice Girls
- Stop the Cavalry – Jona Lewie
- All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues
- Mary's Boy Child – Boney M
- A Winters Tale – David Essex
- Stay Another Day – East 17
- Babe – Take That
Do you have a favorite Christmas song?
Why do you love it as much as you do? Comment below and you can win a $20 Amazon gift card (or equivalent in your country).
🎄☃️ 🎄☃️ 🎄☃️ 🎄☃️🎄