The wonderfully awesome Aisling Mancy invited me to participate in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop and I couldn't resist this ongoing game in which authors talk about their favourite thing: their work, more particularly, their Work in Progress.
1. What is the working title of your book?
PA to a Sex God
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I have absolutely no idea.. it just kind of happened… I was going to write a story of two guys at a convention, one the actor in a procedural cop show, the other a fan who volunteers as a helper. Turned into a bodyguard book instead. Go figure… Then it turned into a series of Bodyguard books under the banner *Bodyguards Inc*
3. What is the genre of the book?
Male/Male contemporary romance.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Matthew Gray Gubler and Jensen Ackles
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Bodyguard Adam Freeman poses as a PA to tabloid sex god Logan Brady and faces fans, rumours and guns.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
Love Lane Books
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Still writing it!
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
My Sanctuary series with Love Lane Books
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Watching bromance in procedural cop shows and Supernatural was definitely my inspiration!
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Actors closeted because they think they will lose their jobs. A bodyguard who uses his brain as well as his brawn.