Food at Christmas
There are a huge amount of traditions at Christmas and a lot of them are based around food. The turkey on Christmas Day, with roast potatoes, parsnips, bacon wrapped sausages, brussel sprouts and gravy. There is always too much food! Here are my top five favourite Christmas foods:
1. Christmas Dinner – the whole thing… a plateful of wonderfullness (yes I know that isn't a word).
2. Tangerines/Satsumas…. easy and quick to peel and devour, next to strawberries these are my favourite fruits.
3. Bacon Wrapped Sausages… or as we call them here, pigs in blankets… OMG… I have no words as to how much I love these little mouthfuls of heaven!
4. Cold meat and pickles. Sighs at the memories of my Grans home-pickled onions that was so hot you could only eat one.
5. Selection pack chocolate… Sighs… I will never be skinny… the kids have to hide their selection packs in case I happen to come across them… rofl.
What is your favourite Christmas food?
Today's featured Anthology Author is
Me 🙂 with the story Deefur and the Great Misletoe Incident
Christmas Eve is here and with it comes ice and snow. Cameron Jackson has no control over the grief that consumes him at this time of year, but this time he wants things to be different. With a ring in his pocket and love in his heart he wants to make new memories that will replace the last pieces of ice he has inside him.
Cameron loves Jason, wants forever with Jason, but it takes Deefur and some mistletoe to have Cameron finally saying the right things to Jason at the right time.
The story of how Deefur, after the great mistletoe incident, ends up with the best bed in the house.
RJ's Special Christmas Memory (like you haven't heard enough about my Christmases already :p)
Christmas for me is all about family. I love autumn and the way it moves slowly into frosty mornings in November and December. There is a magic in the air that you only get in the Christmas season.
Info on RJ Scott
Contact RJ Scott ummmm…. your already here….Comment at the bottom…….
Mr RJ's Crap Joke Section
Dropped my computer in the ocean, now there's a Dell rolling in the deep
What do you call a kid that doesn't believe in Santa?
A rebel without a Claus
Why is Santa so jolly?
He knows where all the naughty girls live.
What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa?
Santa stopped at 3 hos
Where do ghosts send their laundry?
What was the first motorised vegetable?
The Twenty Five Days of Christmas Competition
For the master post explaining prizes, etc, visit Competition and prizes for the twenty five days of Christmas. Don't forget every entry you make counts towards the grand prize on 25 December. So if you enter every day, you will have 24 chances for to win..
Today enter the competition to win a $10 Amazon voucher.